- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science (or higher) from a top-tier four year university or college
- At least one year relevant tutoring or teaching experience
- Reliable Personal Transportation (i.e. car of motorcycle)
- Ability to communicate effectively with families and Tutor Corps staff
- Tutors must pass a background check and provide documentation of TB clearance within the last 3 years
- Teaching credential
- Open availability/flexible schedule
- Ability to specialize in multiple subjects
- Curriculum development experience
All Tutor Corps tutors must have a B.A./B.S. degree from a reputable university, possess the ability to build rapport with students, have at least one year of tutoring or teaching experience and be committed to providing high quality educational services to students.
Ideal candidates possess an advanced degree and/or teaching credential and have experience tutoring students with learning challenges (ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, etc).
Is Tutor Corps right for me?
Tutors who excel at Tutor Corps share three main strengths: time management, organization and communication. Our hourly rate is high because we expect our tutors to keep on top of busy tutoring schedules. If you would prefer working at a tutoring center with set hours every week, Tutor Corps might not be the right fit for you.
How do you match me with a student?
Once you’re hired, we look for tutoring requests that fit your availability, location and subject expertise. When a request comes in that fits, we call to confirm your availability and discuss the specific case. If you think the student is a good match for you we connect you with the student’s family.
How many hours can I expect to work?
This depends on several things: Your ability to travel, your subjects of expertise and your scheduling flexibility. Tutors with flexible schedules who are willing to travel to geographical areas we most frequently serve typically work more hours. Likewise, the more subjects you are able to cover, the more likely you will be qualified for requests. Tutor hours generally range from 5 hours a week to 30 hours a week depending on the request load.
What is Tutor Corps' pay range?
Our pay range is $40-$55 per hour. Rates are dependent on level of education and years of teaching or tutoring experience. We also take into consideration subjects of expertise and willingness to travel.